1938 Ford custom coupe
Jim's Classic Garage in Washington State is proud to offer this 1938 Ford Coupe for sale.
The car has been greatly customized and boasts the following:
- A complete frame-off restoration with all new floor pans, trunk pan, etc. The frame was shot with a rust inhibitor and then sprayed with a high gloss PPG two-part paint.
- A newly-rebuilt and bored-out .0030 over Chevy 327 engine with a mild racing Cam installed
- Custom suspension with disc brakes on all corners and adjustable proportioning valve at Master
- Two-inch Pipes with Glass-Packs installed
- Newly-rebuilt 350 Turbo transmission.
- Position-traction in the rear end.
- All new tuck and roll interior, ready to install
- Electric windows, seats, etc.
- Tri-Power Carburetor setup
- The car is all metal.
There is something to be said for bucket lists. This gentleman had a dream and the desire-plus the financial means-to build his dream car. There are enough old parts to almost build an entire new car. He bought EVERYTHING NEW! We still have 10 big boxes full of new parts that go with the car.
As you can see, the car was painted a high-gloss plum within the last two years. The old owner decided he wanted to straighten out the driver's side door and started block sanding. He then primed the door as well as other parts.
The value of this car should be based on others like it that have sold. That puts it up around $55,000 if it were painted and the interior installed. Blue Book for an old car like this would be around $28,000. We will sell the car, as is, running and driving, for $22,500. If you are interested in us finishing the car, with us installing all of the interior and painting it, please call Jim at (206) 406-1313.
Note: This car comes with a Bill of Sale only. It was originally purchased in a non-title state (Georgia) and sold as a project car. Because the owner never had a chance to finish his restoration, he never registered it as a driving car. The car is title-able, however, the buyer will need to contact their state's highway patrol for titling requirements in their state.
Transmission: 350 Turbo Automatic
Engine: Chevy 327 Engine
Interior & additional parts to complete restore included